Friday, August 15, 2008

Wedding Albums

I got a call today from a gentleman asking me if I could create a wedding album for him and his wife from their wedding 25 years ago. The answer is Yes! He mentioned that he didn't see any albums on my website and I realized that I didn't have any examples of album pages on my website. So I thought I'd post a couple of random pages from wedding albums to give an idea of what wedding albums are like today.

Gone are the matted wedding albums from 20 years ago. Actually, you can still get them, but not very many people do. The wedding albums of today are known as "storybook" albums and they're a digital layout of sometimes multiple images created and laid out to tell the story of the day.

I use albums from two different companies - AsukaBook and GraphiStudio. AsukaBook is based in Oregon and is a high-end coffee-table style book. GraphiStudio is located in Italy and has more of the feel of a traditional album, but the covers and insides are not what you expect from a traditional album. Both books are high quality and beautiful to hold and look at.

Here are a few pages from different albums. When you look at these you have to remember that there is a page break between them - they're two pages, like you're looking at an open book and this is a two page spread.

This is Karen and Brian during their first dance.

This is Kate getting ready for the wedding in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor.

This is Carole Ann and Jon during a shoot before the reception at the Kentlands.


This is Susan and Harry. They got married in California, but had a beautiful family reception at their lovely home in Potomac, MD.

Not everyone wants an album and I don't require my clients to purchase one. Some people say they will make their own, and some of them do. But, if you're not the creative graphic type, then you might want to consider having one professionally prepared for you. It will last a lifetime and is wonderful to look through and share with others. It's not that easy to share your wedding images when you're shuffling through hundreds of prints. I also offer parent albums, so your family can have a copy of your album as well, in a smaller version!

No comments: