Wednesday, August 20, 2008

DC Weddings

One of the challenges of being a wedding photographer in the Washington, D.C. area is the Federal Government. It's not uncommon to get a bride or groom who works for the Secret Service or works in security software for the government or is employed in some other similar line of work. These are clients who have security clearances and rules and regulations in their lives, in addition to those the rest of us live with on a regular basis.

The challenge for me is the limitations the government employee places on me due to his or her work. I cannot use their image in any promotional or public display. I cannot post their images on my blog, or on my website, in my printed portfolio, in a DVD to show to potential clients or enter it in any photography competition.

So, sometimes, it might look as though my portfolios are heavy on the females - it's because I can't show the males (so far my personal experience has only been restricted males, but I'm sure some women will come along)! I've had to get creative in showing the "couple" when this situation arises.

Here we have Mr. & Mrs. X during their first dance. They are such a lovely couple, I wish I could show you something besides his back!




Next we have an intimate image of a couple looking at their rings right after the ceremony, in a private room for a private moment.



Finally, a detail shot of a groom's wedding band. He's a handsome man, but this is all I can share...


Now, those that know me know that I love detail images. The bride and groom spend so much time planning their wedding celebration. I want to capture all those difficult decisions they made to create a day that reflects all they love. So, while I might wish I could show you more of the couples, at least I can share a few details from their wedding.

No comments: